Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 9 Hansard (28 August) . . Page.. 3455..
(2) The project cost was $51,990. The additional funding of $1,990 was found within the minor new works program.
(3) Funding for this project was from the "Facilities for Students with Autism"line item under the Minor New Works Program. I am pleased to report that the project is complete and is providing significant benefits and support to autistic children attending the Woden School.
(Question No 899)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 27 August 2003:
In relation to the ACT Child Care industry:
(1) Has the consultation phase relating to the recommendations of the inquiry into workforce issues in the ACT Child Care Industry concluded;
(2) If so, will the Government release the details of that consultation phase, if not, why not when you stated that the consultation phase would be completed by July 2003;
(3) Who was consulted as part of the consultation phase;
(4) If the consultation phase has been completed, what are the most common complaints made by those working in the child care sector;
(5) Further to (4), how many of the recommendations made as part of the Inquiry into Workforce Issues in the ACT Child Care Industry will address the identified problems;
(6) In response to Question on Notice No 401 you said that 'the recommendations that are identified as being able to be progressed at a local level will be acted upon as soon as possible. Where possible, this will occur during 2003';
a) how many recommendations can be implemented at the local level;
b) which recommendations have already been implemented and at what (if any) cost;
7) How many of the recommendations made in the Inquiry into Workforce Issues in the ACT Child Care Industry cannot be implemented at a local level;
8) What will be the Government's next step in the process of improving workforce issues for those in the ACT Child Care Industry.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mrs Burke's question is:
(1) The consultation phase relating to the ACT Childcare Workforce Planning Project Report has concluded.
(2) The ACT Government anticipates releasing the findings and recommendations later this year.