Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 9 Hansard (28 August) . . Page.. 3451..
(2) How much has the Minister put aside to fund this investigation;
(3) What does the Government see as (a) the benefits and (b) the negatives, of establishing such a fund;
(4) When will this investigation be completed;
(5) When is it anticipated that the Government will respond to any report prepared as part of this investigation;
(6) Will a cost benefit analysis and risk assessment be undertaken as part of this investigation;
(7) Will you consult with the medical community and insurance industry as part of the investigation.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the members' question is as follows:
(1) Not yet established
(2) No funds have been put aside. To be absorbed by the department
(3) As to (a), not yet considered. As to (b), not yet considered
(4) Not yet known. See (1), above
(5) Not yet known. See (1) and (4), above
(6) Not yet known. See (1) and (4), above
(7) Not yet known. See (1) and (4), above
(Question No 892)
Mr Smyth asked the Treasurer:
In relation to the appointment of the acting Chief Executive of ACTEW:
(1) Why did the board of ACTEW decide to choose the appointee, who is a fellow board member, as acting Chief Executive rather than a senior member of ACTEW management;
(2) Did the appointee leave the boardroom during discussions of his appointment;
(3) Were Mr Stanhope and yourself consulted about this appointment before it occurred? If so, what was your response and what was Mr Stanhope's.
(4) How much will the appointee be paid while acting as Chief Executive;
(5) What experience does the appointee have in running a utility given that his career as mainly been in politics and diplomacy;