Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 8 Hansard (21 August) . . Page.. 3134..
(4) The length of the project will depend upon the views of the participants, Clayton Utz, ANU Law School, Legal Aid (ACT) and the Youth Coalition.
(Question No 903)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to the increase of CountryLink train fares by an average of 5% as declared by the NSW Government to come into effect 31 August 2003 (Sydney Morning Herald, 27 August 2003, page 10):
(1) Will a price rise also be applied to services departing from the ACT or to passengers embarking upon or booking a train journey within the ACT;
(2) If yes, then what will the price rise be and when will it be implemented;
(3) What are the current fares for CountryLink train services departing from the ACT.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Countrylink Customer Service Centre provided advice on 29 August 2003 that a price rise will also be applied to services departing from the ACT or to passengers embarking upon or booking a train journey within the ACT.
(2) This is a matter that falls under the responsibility of the NSW Government.
(3) The Countrylink Customer Service Centre is unable to provide a list of fares for all services departing from the ACT. However, this information is available from the Countrylink website at http://www.countrylink.info/timetable/. The Countrylink fares for services departing the ACT to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are as follows:
Canberra Station to Sydney
$ 67.10 First class;
Canberra Station to Melbourne
$122.10 First class;
Canberra Station to Brisbane
$181.50 First class
(Question No 908)
Mrs Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice:
In relation to the Board of Inquiry into Disability Services - Final Report Parts 1 and 2, can the Minister: