Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 8 Hansard (21 August) . . Page.. 3129..
(2) As indicated in response to Question on Notice No 796, the need for this specialised assistance was urgent. A suitable person was available immediately to undertake this work and so was appointed on a temporary basis, pending the advertising of the position.
(3) The person was attached to the office of the Minister for Police and Emergency Services.
(4) The Acting Manager has now applied for the position, following its advertising in the ACT Government Gazette on 14 August 2003. Applications closed on 28 August 2003.
(7) All Public Affairs Officers within the ACT Public Service were fully engaged with their own duties.
(Question No 857)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to rents paid by government agencies:
(1) What is the current rent per square metre for the space occupied by the Civic Library;
(2) What was the Civic Library rent (per square metre) in each of the years 1991 - 2002;
(3) How long is the lease on the Civic Library space and what options are available to change the amount of rent charged;
(4) What is the current rent per square metre for the space occupied by the Registrar General's Office;
(5) What was the Registrar General's Office rent (per square metre) in each of the years 1991 - 2002;
(6) How long is the lease on the Registrar General's Office space and what options are available to change the amount of rent charged;
(7) What rent per square metre was charged for the space occupied in the Saraton Building by the Civic Shopfront immediately before it moved to FAI/Eclipse House;
(8) What rent is currently paid by the Civic Shopfront at Eclipse House.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The current rent for the Civic Library is $467.25m2/per annum
(2) The rent for the Civic Library (per square metre) was:
$580 from 1990 to 2000, $440.00 in 2001 and $452.76 in 2002.