Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 8 Hansard (21 August) . . Page.. 3117..
(1) Who is responsible for ensuring that rubbish is collected from the nature strip and planter boxes and bays in Giles Street Kingston, between Howitt and Jardine Streets, in the area which extends to include the public telephone boxes and the area adjacent to the Commonwealth Bank;
(2) Have any fines or warnings been issued for littering in the ACT, in particular throwing away cigarette butts, during (a) 2002-03 (b) 2001-02 (c) 2000-01;
(3) What is the (a) total value of fines and (b) number of fines issued for littering in the ACT, in particular throwing away cigarette butts, in the years listed at (2) above.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Department of Urban Services.
(2) Littering is dealt with by issuing a Litter Infringement Notice under the Litter Act 1976. Fines and warnings during the years requested area as follows:
TOTAL INFRINGEMENTS ISSUED
INFRINGEMENT WARNINGS ISSUED
CIGARETTE RELATED INFRINGEMENTS ISSUED
CIGARETTE RELATED WARNINGS ISSUED
(3) The value and number of fines issued, identifying the cigarette related ones are as follows:
TOTAL VALUE OF FINES ISSUED & COLLECTED INCLUDING CIGARETTE $
CIGARETTE RELATED ISSUED & COLLECTED $
Aged day care centres-transport costs
(Question No 822)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
In relation to the closure of the Narrabundah and Dickson Aged Day Care Centres earlier this year:
(1) How many people were being regularly transferred by bus from (a) Dickson to Belconnen (b) Narrabundah to Tuggeranong as at 31 January 2003 and 30 June 2003;
(2) What was the estimated cost of these transfers at January 2003 and what was the real cost at 30 June 2003.