Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 6 Hansard (19 June) . . Page.. 2234..
(4) Will Floriade 2003 still be free entry;
(5) Will Commonwealth Park be the venue for Floriade 2003, if not, what is the new site.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) An audited figure for the operating surplus/deficit for the 2002 Floriade is expected to be available in July-August 2003 when audited financial statements become available in line with normal government audit practices.
(2) The Government will consult CTEC to determine where the surplus from Floriade will be spent provided there is a surplus arising from the 2002 event.
(3) If a surplus from Floriade 2002 is realised, it is likely that the profit will be invested in the event, to improve it further and make it a more attractive tourism drawcard.
(5) Yes. Floriade 2003 will be held in the Commonwealth Park.
(Question No 745)
Mr Smythasked the Chief Minister, upon notice:
In relation to the bushfire recovery and businesses damaged in the bushfire:
(1) What assistance are you providing to businesses whose premises were either destroyed or damaged to demolish their damaged premises, in particular for (a) clearing land, (b) waiving tip fees and (c) demolishing remnants of the business?
(2) How many business premises were destroyed or severely damaged in the bushfires, how many have been cleared and how many remain to be cleared?
(3) If an owner cannot afford to clear the site and will not be reopening the business what is the procedure to clear the site and what will happen to that land?
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Business premises that were damaged or destroyed as a result of the 18 January 2003 bushfires received in relation to:
(a) Clearing land: businesses received advice from the Bushfire Recovery Taskforce to assist them in clearing their land, access to the full range of demolition services project managed by Bovis Lend Lease and, in relation to Duffy service station, an extensive contamination report prepared by Robson Laboratories and arranged by Bovis Lend Lease at no charge;