Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 6 Hansard (19 June) . . Page.. 2225..
(1) Yes. Canberra International Airport has acted as a departure and arrival point for flights to New Zealand in relation to the Brumbies games held recently. Depending on the demand for charter flights, the Canberra international airport may continue to develop this direct traffic to and from Canberra.
(2) CTEC has marketed and promoted Canberra in New Zealand in various advertising media other than newspapers. These include, promotions at various trade and consumer shows, conducting sales missions and radio promotions. CTEC will conduct its advertising campaigns in the most cost effective advertising media within the available budget.
(3) CTEC advertises Canberra in the monthly airline periodical 'Out There' which is distributed to passengers who take Rex and Qantas flights. The Qantas inflight magazine, 'The Australian Way' has also published advertorial on the Canberra product periodically. CTEC is investigating further opportunities for more coverage on Canberra with airlines including Virgin Blue.
Residential aged care facilities
(Question No 726)
Mr Smythasked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
Concerning Residential Aged Care Facilities:
(1) Are ACT Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF) inspected and if so, how regularly and by whom and, if not, why not;
(2) If RACF's are inspected, what do inspections look for;
(3) Given that these facilities are Commonwealth funded, what role does the ACT Government play in the operation of these facilities;
(4) Is there a shortage of staff for these facilities and if so, how many more staff are needed and why is there a shortage.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) As you would be aware, in 1998 the Commonwealth Government introduced a new accreditation system designed to improve the quality of residential care in Australia. Aged care homes must be accredited to receive Commonwealth funding.
The Aged Care Standards and Accreditation Agency (the Agency) is an independent company established under the Aged Care Act 1997 to:
manage the accreditation process;
promote high quality care; and
supervise homes' ongoing compliance with the Accreditation Standards by