Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 6 Hansard (19 June) . . Page.. 2172..
Aged care nursing positions
(Question No 640)
Mr Cornwellasked the Minister for Health, upon notice:
In relation to aged care nursing positions:
(1) How many unfilled nursing positions are there in the aged care sector in the ACT.
(2) Of these, how many positions have been vacant for (a) more than one month but less than two, (b) more than two months but less than three, (c) more than three months.
(3) What is the comparison between salaries in the aged care sector and at the Canberra Hospital for every classification of nursing position.
(4) How many unfilled nursing positions are there at every aged care facility in the ACT after 1 month (but less than two) and three months.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) As you are aware, the Commonwealth Government has primary responsibility for the management of the residential aged care sector. In the ACT there is only one facility, the Burrangiri Crisis Respite Centre for the Aged, which is funded by the ACT Government, and managed by the Salvation Army. Currently there are five full time Registered Nurse positions at Burrangiri, all of which are filled. The ACT Government does not have information available on how many positions are unfilled in Commonwealth funded facilities, and gathering this information would require a survey of all aged care facilities in the ACT. As a result I will not be able to provide a response to questions (2) and (4). You should direct your question to the Federal Minister on these issues.
(3) Salaries within the aged care sector vary between provider agencies. As a result I am unable to provide you with a comparison between the aged care sector and The Canberra Hospital.
Taxi and hire car licences
(Question No 641)
Mr Cornwellasked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to taxi and hire car licences.
(1) How many taxi licences did the Government offer for auction in 2002.
(2) How many were sold.
(3) What was the average price achieved for the licences.
(4) What was the reserve price.
(5) How many taxi licences will the Government offer for auction in 2003.