Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1544..
Miles Franklin Primary - $9,000
Monash Primary - $10,000
A further three have been approved but a request for reimbursement has not been received and paid:
Isabella Plains Primary
The department will reimburse up to $5,000 for each transportable classroom.
(2) Funds have been used only for airconditioning.
(3) The 2003-04 budget has not been released.
(Question No 620)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice, on 3 April 2003:
In relation to transportable classrooms:
(1) Can the Minister advise what schools have benefited from the $345,000 expended as at 31 December 2002 on this project, and can the answer please detail the provision of any new transportables to particular schools;
(2) Have any further funds been spent between 31 December 2002 and 31 March 2003, if so, please provide details;
(3) Can the Minister provide any details regarding which schools will need to access the remaining funds - $1.535m as 31 December 2002 - as part of this project;
(4) Does the government expect the remainder of these funds to be expended by the end of the financial year.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) The schools that have benefited from the program expenditure of $345,000 up to
31 December 2002 are as follows:
Gold Creek Senior - 4 classrooms
Ngunnawal Primary - 2 classrooms
Palmerston Primary - 2 classrooms
These schools received new transportable classrooms and the expenditure represents progress payments up to 31 December 2002.