Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1539..
(2) Design documentation and ACT Procurement Solutions fees comprise expenditure up to 31 December 2002.
(3) No expenditure was incurred in the period 31 December 2002 to 31 March 2003 although design work was proceeding.
(4) The decision has been made for functions at the O'Connell Centre to be relocated to the Canberra College (Weston campus).
(Question No 614)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice:
In relation to older schools refurbishments:
(1) What schools have benefited from the $35,000 expended as at 31 December 2002 on this project, and can the answer please detail works undertaken, amount of expenditure;
(2) Have any further funds been spent between 31 December 2002 and 31 March 2003, if so, please provide details, including the school, amount of expenditure and works undertaken;
(3) Can the Minister provide any details about how the remaining funds will be expended - $2.465m as at 31 December 2002 - if so, please list school, amount of expenditure and works to be undertaken.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) Lyneham High School and Dickson College are the two schools in the program. Payments related to construction insurance and design and documentation works have been made. Some work had commenced at Lyneham High School by 31 December 2002, but this work was not invoiced.
(2) An amount of $501,000 was spent in the March 2003 quarter. This was a progress payment relating to a range of works undertaken at Lyneham High School, including a major refurbishment of the main toilet areas, resurfacing of all main traffic corridors and painting of all corridors and the hall.
(3) Major works are programmed for both schools, including:
Lyneham High School: refurbishment of classroom floor surfaces, painting etc; renovation of the home science areas; OH&S upgrades to stairwell handrails; the provision of increased security to designated areas; renovation of all remaining toilets throughout the school; installation of a new toilet and kitchenette for staff; a boardroom installation; upgrades to fire and emergency warning systems; renovation of the agricultural area and other minor works.
Dickson High School: an extensive renovation of classroom floor surfaces, painting etc; upgrading of toilets throughout the school; a new theatre extension; the provision of increased security to designated areas; OH&S upgrades to stairwell handrails;