Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1536..
(3) A new autism unit is being tendered at The Woden School. The anticipated budget for this project is $50,000.
Gungahlin Childcare Centre
(Question No 610)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Education, Youth and Family Services, upon notice:
In relation to childcare parenting infrastructure:
(1) What was delivered for the $167,000 expended on this project at 31 December 2002, can the Minister provide a breakdown of costs, works undertaken, area/suburb that benefits;
(2) Have any funds been expended on this project between 31 December 2002 and 31 March 2003, if so, please provide details, if not why not;
(3) Can the Minister advise what works will be undertaken with the remaining $3.055m for this project.
Ms Gallagher: The answer to Mr Pratt's question is:
(1) Up to 31 December 2003 an amount of $162,500 was spent on design and documentation for Gungahlin Childcare Centre. In addition, $4,500 was spent on professional fees for expansion of 6 child care centres namely Alkira Community Preschool and Child Care Centre at Charnwood, Greenway Child Care Centre, Conder Child Care Centre, Teddy Bears Child Care Centre at Curtin and Totem House Multicultural Early Childhood Centre at Kaleen.
(2) Between 31 December 2002 and 31 March 2003, a further $78,000 was spent on the Gungahlin Childcare Centre, which commenced construction in March 2003.
(3) Of the $3.055m remaining as at 31 December 2002, approximately $2.1million will be spent on the Gungahlin Childcare Centre, due for completion by October 2003, and $0.9 million will be spent on expansion of the 6 child care centres, which are scheduled to be completed by September 2003.
Emergency Services-Belconnen centre
(Question No 611)
Mr Pratt asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 3 April 2003:
In relation to Joint Emergency Services Centre in Ginnindera: