Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1516..
Canberra Connect-internet links
(Question No 586)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to the Canberra Connect Home page.
(1) Why is there not a link on the Canberra Connect home page to the ACT Office for Women;
(2) Would the government consider creating a link for Women's Affairs, if so, when, if not, why not;
(3) If the government won't create a link to Women's Affairs, would it consider creating a link for Multicultural (which also doesn't have a link) and Community Affairs encompassing the Office for Women, Indigenous Affairs and Multicultural Affairs, if so, when, if not, why not.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) There is a link to 'Community and family' on the Canberra Connect home page. When a mouse is placed over this link, the user is provided with more detail, which includes "services for women". The user is able, within two 'clicks' to identify and access information and services regarding services for women, including the ACT Office for Women.
(2) The Canberra Connect web site provides a connection to the ACT Office for Women within two 'clicks'. It is considered that this provides excellent access to information of relevance to women.
(3) The Canberra Connect web site also provides a connection within two 'clicks' to 'Multicultural and Community Affairs", which includes links to the ACT Office for Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander affairs and the Office of Multicultural Affairs. It is considered that this provides excellent access to information about these matters.
State of the Territory report
(Question No 588)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister upon notice on 3 April 2003:
In relation to the State of the Territory Report:
(1) Will the Government still release a State of the Territory Report (or your equivalent) as foreshadowed last year;
(2) If so, when will it be released;