Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1463..
construction of the Super Special Stage significantly reduces infrastructure costs in later years, while providing a world class venue in a designated motor sport facility.
*A Super Special Stage, in rally terminology, is a constructed spectator site, often located in, or close to the city where the event is held that allows spectator viewing of the entire stage and often features vehicles racing side by side.
* A Special Stage is a spectator point that provides premium viewing on a 'section' of a total rally stage.
4. No. However, a Special Stage will be constructed in Kowen Forest on Sunday, 27 April 2003. (See answer to question 3)
5. 39 entrants to the event have been confirmed as at 2 April 2003. Initial indications are that the entries will be the same as in 2002, In 2002, there were 17 international and 22 national entrants to the event.
6. Tickets for the 2003 Subaru Rally were released for sale at 2.00 pm on Wednesday, 19 March 2003.
7. There have been no issues relating to public liability insurance cover for the 2003 Subaru Rally of Canberra.
(Question No 540)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport, Racing and Gaming, upon notice, on 1 April 2003:
In relation to the Dragway:
1. Has the Government expended any funds this financial year on the future of a dragway in Canberra, if so, can details of the associated expenditure and works/research undertaken be provided?
2. In an article in The Canberra Times on 25.03.03 (page 8) a spokeswoman for the Minister said in regards to the Dragway "...we undertook to study it in closer detail, which we have done." Can the Minister please provide details of the further study undertaken on the dragway?
3. Has the Government undertaken any research regarding a new site for the dragway, if so, please provide details?
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's question is as follows: