Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1460..
6. The statement in Budget Paper 3 (Page 206) meant that the Commonwealth Avenue pavement rehabilitation work being undertaken by the Department of Urban Services would be deferred to avoid disruptions to the V8 event. This work was deferred at the time, but has now been completed.
City Walk sculpture program
(Question No 536)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Arts and Heritage, upon notice:
In relation to the Public Art Program:
(1) Has work started on the Art and Soul - City Walk Sculpture Program, if so, please provide details of work undertaken so far and associated costs, if not, why not;
(2) What will Canberrans see once this project is completed;
(3) What was delivered for the $8,000 already expended on this project;
(4) Will this project be completed by the end of June 2003 as scheduled, if so, when, if not, why not and can the Minister guarantee that the funding allocated to this project will be rolled over into next financial year and spent on this particular program.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) A new public artwork has been commissioned for the ACT Health Building in Civic West. The commission has been advertised, expressions of interest received, and one project has been selected to proceed. It is currently in the final design stage.
(2) The selected project is an artwork using light entitled Laserwrap by Geoffrey Drake-Brockman and Richie Kahaupt. Once the work is complete, Canberrans will see the ACT Health Building transformed at night by a laser light artwork.
(3) Expenditure to date has been on advertising for expressions of interest, concept design fees for four shortlisted artists, and other administrative costs.
(4) The project has been scheduled for completion in September 2003. We anticipate that this project will be completed according to schedule. The funding allocated to this project will be rolled over into next financial year and spent on this particular program.
(Question No 537)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice: