Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1457..
This consisted of:
minor improvements to Little Athletics centre at Cook Oval - $11,719
restoration of playing surface at Torrens Oval - $32,462
improvements to drainage in car park at Majura Enclosed Oval - $4,202
(2) The remaining funds will be used to carry out a range of minor improvements and refurbishments to sportsgrounds and swimming pools managed by the department.
Some examples are:
Contribution to Department of Education, Youth and Family Services
project for improved parking areas to service adjoining schools and
sportsgrounds at Waramanga and Kaleen - two projects, $20,000 each.
Replacement of dilapidated fence around O'Connor Enclosed Oval -
Refurbishment of office area - Manuka Swimming Pool - approximately
Stabilisation and rectification of cracking in walls at Manuka Swimming
Pool - approximately $10,000-$15,000
Minor irrigation improvements at Page Oval - approximately $7,000
Sport and recreation-grants
(Question No 534)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Sport, Racing and Gaming, upon notice, on 1 April 2003:
In relation to sports funding:
1. How many sporting organisations have received sports grants to date this financial year, can you (a) name the organisation, (b) detail the amount of funding they received, and (c) what the funding was for;
2. Will any more grants be handed out before the end of the financial year;
3. Is the total amount of sports grants allocated more or less than what was allocated in (a) 2001-02 and (b) 2000-01; and
4. What is the breakdown of grants allocated to (a) women's sport organisations and
(b) men's sport organisations.
Mr Quinlan: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
1. Please see the attached spreadsheet (Attachment A).
2. To date $2,277,430 of $2,457,000 has been allocated from the 2002/03 Sport and Recreation Grant Program (SRGP) budget. The remaining funds ($179,570) will be