Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1416..
Table 2: Total Monthly Patronage Report for the Route 33
Total Monthly Patronage
Yarralumla Nursery-free plant issues
(Question No 484)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to free plant issues from the Yarralumla Nursery to new home owners:
(1) What is the current (a) price limit and (b) number of plants that can be obtained by residents who have bought a new home;
(2) Is this plant issue for home owners on a new block or can new home owners of an established block also apply for plants;
(3) Will this offer be open to (a) new homes constructed following the Canberra bushfires and (b) gardens damaged following the Canberra bushfires, if so, what impact will this have on the budget;
(4) Will the same restrictions to price and number of plants that can be obtained apply to Bushfire victims who have lost their homes or have had gardens destroyed or burnt.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The current price limit for plants that can be obtained by residents building a house on a new block is $110, there is no limit to the number of plants this may amount to, however the maximum value of each tree purchased is $20 and each shrub $10.
(2) The current plant issue scheme is only for new home owners on a new block. It does not apply to new home owners on an existing block.
(3) This offer will now be open to all fire damaged and destroyed residential properties, where the owner has chosen to rebuild. To provide the plant issue for fire affected properties will cost $200,000.