Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1409..
Mr Corbell: The answers to the member's questions are as follows:
1) Optus is installing mobile phone infrastructure above the existing light pole in the center of the roundabout. The facility will be similar in design to the existing Optus lightpole facility at the roundabout on William Slim and Owen Dixon Drives (McKellar).
2) The work on the light pole has finished. The antennas are up and the man proof fence around the light pole has been removed. There is still some work to be done on the service hut. The facility will be "switched on"the week ending 11 April 2003.
3) The existing lightpole at the center of the roundabout will be extended in height to accommodate the mobile phone antennas. The antennas are to be placed above the existing lights on the pole.
4) The existing light pole is being extended to accommodate the antennas.
5) The area in question, northwest of the roundabout towards Yerrabi District Park is to house the equipment hut associated with the antennas on the lightpole. The hut is located in Urban Open Space and will be screened from the road with new landscaping.
ACTION-natural gas powered buses
(Question No 480)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Planning:
In relation to Request for Tender No. T02358 concerning the supply and delivery of compressed natural gas powered buses:
(1) Why was the assessment of bus bodies in the context of this request for tender considered outside the formal tender process;
(2) Why was a particular company specified in Request for Tender No. T02358 as the supplier of bodies for the buses being sought in this request for tender;
(3) What process was undertaken to evaluate the capabilities of the company specified in clause 4.4.2 (c) of the request for tender;
(4) What other manufacturers of bus bodies were identified during the assessment process;
(5) Was any advice sought from relevant industry associations or similar organisations to assist in identifying companies that could be considered to supply bus bodies. If so, which of these organisations provided advice;
(6) Were all these companies contacted as part of the assessment process. If not, why not;