Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1408..
(3) Are cross border funds provided to the ACT from NSW on par with expenditure on interstate patients to date, if not, what is the additional burden on the ACT Health budget.
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's question is:
(1) It is not possible to provide a detailed list of the cost (a) to date this financial year and (b) in 2001-02 of interstate patients on the ACT Health System, because financial data and costs have not yet been agreed with other States and Territories. Cross border payments are finalized based on full year data for each financial year. Data for the 2001-02 financial year have been provided and received from other States and Territories and the ACT is working with them to validate the data and agree costs. Data for the 2002-03 financial year will not be available until after July 2003 and information about the costs associated with interstate patients will not be available until all the data have been agreed with all States and Territories. This process as been followed since the cross border procedures were introduced in 1998-99.
(2) The funds received from NSW for cross border patients are based on the methodology agreed by an independent arbiter in April 2000. At that time, the ACT believed that the funding provided by the independent arbiter was insufficient, but was required to accept the arbiter's decision in accordance with the Australian Health Care Agreements. The ACT government is still of the view that funds received from NSW under the arbiter's agreement are less than the cost of providing care to those patients.
(3) Assuming that question 3 refers to the current financial year, the ACT government is not in a position to determine the additional burden caused by interstate patients because the data is not available.
Mirrabei-Gundaroo drives intersection
(Question No 479)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
In relation to work on the corner of Mirrabei Drive and Gundaroo Drive Gungahlin.
1) Can the Minister explain what works are taking place on the roundabout on the corner of Mirrabei Drive and Gundaroo Drive in Gungahlin;
2) When will the works be completed;
3) Will a new light be erected on the roundabout, if not, why not;
4) If a new light is to be erected will the government consider installing mobile telephone facilities to the light, if not, why not;
5) There also appears to be works on the land diagonal in the direction of the Lake and skate park, can the Minister explain what works are taking place there.