Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 4 Hansard (3 April) . . Page.. 1390..
not include data from the psychiatrists in the private sector, as Mental Health does not have access to this information.
(2) Of the new contacts for Mental Health Services following the Bushfires, four (4) clients continue to have ongoing clinical management. The biggest workload for mental health services had been from the existing client group and the heightened demand triggered by the bushfires.
(3) The Government will seek updates from the Centre for Mental Health Research on the Path through Life Project (an ongoing examination of changes in mental health across the life span). The Centre for Mental Health Research has added questions to their Project to assess the possible impact of fires. They have previous measures on this cohort so will be able to look at changes linked to the fire impacts. The cohort for this year is 24-28 years old age grouping.
(4) The Centre for Mental Health provides feedback via their website and newsletters to participants. The results will assist in policy direction and possible public health interventions. The Chief Psychiatrist keeps a watching brief, subject of course to privacy and health records requirements, on the Project for implications for mental health services in the ACT
(Question No 415)
Mr Smyth asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 3 March 2003:
In relation to consultants used to date this financial year:
(1) What was the (a) name of the consultant; (b) address of the consultant; (c) cost of the consultancy and (d) service provided by the consultants.
(2) Was a report prepared by the consultants and, if so, where may copies be obtained.
Mr Stanhope: There were three consultants engaged for the Community Affairs portfolio. Their details and the response for the projects are outlined bellow:
Question (1) Project One:
Work Experience and Support Program
(a) Name of the consultant:
Capital Careers Pty Ltd
(b) Address of the consultant:
Level 3, Belconnen Churches Centre
BELCONNEN ACT 2617
(c) Cost of the consultancy: