Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 805..
4. The Government is already working with the community to identify ways to make community business more accessible to people with disabilities in the ACT. The Access City Reference Group consists of representatives from community and government bodies, and the group has the task of identifying community access problems that people with a disability experience and ways to address these problems. Disability ACT funds a community organisation to conduct an information and referral service for use by the community to identify access problems in the ACT. This hotline can be used to refer concerns people may have with accessing private businesses, including service stations.
(Question No 465)
Ms Dundas asked the Minister for Urban Services:
In relation to parking in Civic:
(1) How many pay parking car spaces are in Civic that raise revenue for the ACT Government;
(2) What was the total revenue taken for pay parking in Civic in financial year:
(a) 2001 - 2002; and
(b) 2000 - 2001.
(3) How many parking spaces are owned by businesses within Civic;
(4) Are there any taxes paid by businesses in regard to parking spaces in Civic;
(5) What was the total revenue taken for business owned parking in Civic in financial year:
(a) 2001 - 2001;
(b) 2000 - 2001.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The area of Civic consists of City, Reid, Braddon and Turner. Figures from the 2001 ACT Parking Survey are as follows.
Ticket parking spaces
Parking meter spaces
Total ACT Government pay parking spaces
(2) (a) Financial Year 2001 - 2002
Parking meter revenue
Ticket parking revenue