Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 2 Hansard (6 March) . . Page.. 768..
(2) Will that cost take this project over budget;
(3) Could you please provide me with copies of the old plans and new plans to highlight what changes will take place with construction;
(4) Why was the position of the tree not taken into account in the original design of the project.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) The re-design option to retain the old growth tree cost $25,000.
(2) The re-design cost will not take the project over budget.
(3) I will provide you with copies of the old and new plans.
(4) The location of the tree was taken into account in the original design. As the tree was on the alignment of one carriageway its removal was initially considered appropriate.
[Plans attached to the reply were lodged with the Chamber Support Office.]
(Question No 439)
Mr Smyth asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to government buildings.
(1) How many buildings are currently:
(a) totally vacant and why;
(b) partially vacant and why;
(2) Can you provide details as to how long those buildings in (a) and (b) above have been unoccupied;
(3) Can you provide details on when buildings in (a) and (b) above will be available to be fully and profitably utilised;
(4) How much is the government currently losing on rental return of these buildings (please provide figures per building) based on the current commercial rental rates per square metre.