Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 1 Hansard (20 February) . . Page.. 405..
(2) Is the project running according to schedule and to budget.
(3) When is the project expected to be completed.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Bulk earthworks have been completed. Work is well advanced on inground services
and construction of the pool basins. Construction is now in progress on the above
ground structure of the central spine of the centre which will contain major components such as the changerooms and gymnasium. Other components of the main building structure will be completed over the next three to four months.
(2) The project is running somewhat behind schedule at present. Delays were experienced over the December/January period due to market conditions making it difficult to obtain reasonable prices in some tender packages. Delays were also experienced in finalising financing arrangements for the project.
These issues are now resolved and good progress is now being made. The project managers anticipate being able to recover some of the lost time during the remainder of the project.
(3) Current projections indicate completion in early December 2003.
Link project (Question No 398)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Arts and Heritage, upon notice:
In relation to the funding removed from the Budget for the Link Project:
(1) Where has the $6.8 million allocated as part of the 2001-02 Budget for the Link Project, removed as part of the 2002-03, now been allocated;
(2) Has that money remained in the arts portfolio or spent elsewhere;
(3) Can you prepare a breakdown of where the funding has been spent or transferred to, if not, why not;
(4) What is the Government planning to do to replace this project that would have boosted arts in the ACT along with creating jobs during construction phase.