Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 1 Hansard (20 February) . . Page.. 401..
Public housing-Allawah and Bega Courts (Question No 393)
Ms Burke asked the Minister for Disability, Housing and Community Services, upon notice, on 20 February 2003:
In relation to the recent upgrades at Allawah and Bega Courts:
(1) From which budget (ie: 2001-02 or 2002-03) was funding allocated for the $2.7 million facelift of Allawah and Bega Court flats;
(2) How much money was allocated in that particular budget for the upgrade of Allawah and Bega Court flats;
(3) Did the project come in under, over or equal to that amount;
(4) If the project came in under budget where will the additional money now been spent or transferred to;
(5) If the project was over budget where did the additional funds come from to fund the excess cost;
(6) Did lighting works actually improve safety and lighting in the area:
(7) Has a lux assessment of light been undertaken;
(8) Will the improved lighting disturb any other public housing or private tenants nearby (ie: increased brightness in light that may shine in windows);
(9) Are there any other outstanding internal or external works of this nature in ACT Housing, if so, could a list please be provided along with costings and forecast completion dates.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Funding was allocated from the 2001-02 ACT Housing Capital Program. Works were committed, designed and tendered during 2001-02, with construction occurring during 2002-03.
(2) Funding allocation of $421,000 was identified for Allawah Court (facade repair and paint) and $1,564,000 identified for Bega Court (facade repair and paint, and landscaping). Funding for the Allawah landscape works was brought forward from the ACT Housing 2002-03 Capital Program.
(3) The projects came in under budget.
(4) Remaining funds were transferred to other multi unit landscape projects.