Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2003 Week 1 Hansard (20 February) . . Page.. 386..
Mr Stanhope: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
In response to your question I am pleased to advise the following:
Ã¯Â¿Â½ The Community Information Technology Access Plan has been finalised and endorsed by me.
Ã¯Â¿Â½ The Plan will be publicly available within the next few weeks.
Dog area exercise maps (Question No 372)
Mr Cornwell asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In relation to dog exercise area maps
(1) Is Minister aware that maps of dog exercise areas, are presented by single suburb by page;
(2) Could consideration be given to issuing maps covering a wider area than a single suburb;
(3) While available from the ACT Government Shopfront and libraries, could availability of these maps, existing or proposed, be made widely known, because at present they are not easily accessible.
Mr Wood: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) It is not practical to issue maps for the current dog exercise areas for an area larger than a single suburb because at this smaller scale, the details of the boundaries of these areas would be lost. The majority of requests for information on off-leash dog exercise areas are focussed on finding out which areas are available in each suburb.
(3) The ACT Government is proposing to consult the community about the location of the existing and proposed new dog exercise areas within the next six months. At that time we will be making the maps accessible through our Internet site, as well as through the ACT Government Shopfronts and libraries.