Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2002 Week 14 Hansard (12 December) . . Page.. 4536..
(Question No 357)
Mr Stefaniak asked the Minister for Planning, upon notice:
(1) What was the cost of the access road that was recently installed off Osburn Drive?
(2) What is the purpose of that access road?
(3) What has occurred in relation to the proposed re-development of the Macgregor Shopping Centre and when will an announcement be made as to what is to occur to those shops?
(4) What is the current status of the building formerly occupied by Dr Henry Berrington, Medical Practitioner?
Mr Corbell: The answer to the member's questions is as follows:
(1) Total cost of the access road was $177,032.
(2) The purpose of the access road, as identified in the Macgregor Local Centre Master Plan, September 2001, is to improve access and visibility to:
Ã¯Â¿Â½ the shopping centre, particularly the area nominated for commercial/nonresidential activity (Area 'B'); and
Ã¯Â¿Â½ the open space adjacent to the centre.
(3) The ACT Government has been negotiating with the current lessee of the Macgregor Shopping Centre and at this stage there is no outcome from these negotiations. The Territory has limited capacity to implement the Master Plan without the agreement of the lessee.
(4) The current status of the building and land on the former medical centre site is unleased Territory land. A draft Amendment to the Macgregor Local Centre Master Plan has been prepared and incorporates this site into the area identified for residential development.