Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1999 Week 11 Hansard (21 October) . . Page.. 3520..
Mr Wood asked the Minister for Urban Services, upon notice:
In respect of the proposed redevelopment at Burnie Court:
(1) How far has planning progressed.
(2) Has any date been set for a start.
(3) What consultations are taking place with residents.
Mr Smyth: The answers to the Member's questions are as follows:
(1) A request for Expressions of Interest for the redevelopment of Burnie Court was advertised in the media on 30 October 1999. The company selected to carry out the redevelopment is expected to be known in April 2000. Sketch plans will then commence as the first step in obtaining Development Approval.
(2) No. The date for starting the redevelopment will be announced after development approval has been obtained for the project.
(3) Residents are being kept informed on the progress of the redevelopment project and any impact it may have on their current accommodation. Tenants were advised by a letterbox drop on 26 October 1999 about the commencement of the process. ACT Housing staff will be visiting Burnie Court weekly to answer residents questions. The Burnie Court Residents' Association will be kept informed of the progress of the redevelopment.