Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1995 Week 11 Hansard (14 December) . . Page.. 3119..
QUESTION NO. 94
Attorney-General, Environment, Land and Planning,Police and
Consumer Affairs Portfolios - Consultancies
*92 Chief Minister -
*93 Deputy Chief Minister -
*94 Attorney-General -
*95 Minister for Education and Training -
In relation to consultancies for each and every Ministerial portfolio held by you -
(1) What are the current consultancies let or proposed to be let within each Department/Agency within your portfolio.
(2) What is the cost of each consultancy.
(3) Why could the work of each consultancy not have been performed by public servants within the Department/Agency or elsewhere in the ACT Government Service.
(4) Is any consultant exercising any delegation in relation to public servants.
Integrated Case Management System
(1) The Court has engaged the services of one current consultant to develop and provide the Court with an integrated case management computer system. This is an ongoing project and is nearing completion.
(2) The cost this financial year is estimated to be in the vicinity of $60,000.
(3) The Court does not employ any specialist software designers or programmers and previous efforts to engage the services of such an expert have failed on two occasions. It is more efficient to continue with the consultancy as the consultant employs programmers on a needs basis. There are no qualified AS/400 programmers employed in or available for employment in the ACT Government Service.