Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1995 Week 11 Hansard (14 December) . . Page.. 3106..
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
Question No. 92
Chief Minister and Health and Community Care Portfolios - Consultancies
In relation to consultancies for each and every Ministerial portfolio held by you -
(1) What are the current consultancies let or proposed to be let within each Department/Agency in your portfolio.
(2) What is the cost of each consultancy.
(3) Why could the work of each consultancy not have been performed by public servants within the Department/Agency or elsewhere in the ACT Government Service.
(4) Is any consultant exercising any delegation in relation to public servants.
MRS CARNELL -The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
Below is a list of those consultancies in the Chief Minister's Department and the Department of Health and Community Care.
Chief Minister's Department
(1) John Mant/John Collins: Review of ACT Planning Administration and Structures.
(3) The consultants have expert and broad ranging skills in relation to planning administration systems around Australia.
(1) Profile Paul Ray (Ian Knop): Facilitation of establishment of National Capital Investment Centre.
(3) Specialist skills and contacts not available in the ACT Public Service.