Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1995 Week 9 Hansard (23 November) . . Page.. 2557..
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
Retail Malls in Town Centres
Ms Horodny - asked the Minister for the Environment, Land and Planning in relation to retail space in the ACT:-
1. What is the actual floor space built in the retail malls in each of Canberra's town centres.
2. Are the built areas in each of these centres different from the gross floor space provisions in their respective leases, and if so, by how much.
3. What (a) applications have been lodged for expansions of each of these town centres over the last 12 months, and (b) amount of total floor space is involved.
4. What is the amount of car parking currently provided by the malls in each town centre and is this consistent with the requirements of each lease.
5. What is the date for completion of the Government's review of the Metropolitan Plan, and will this review include consideration of a new retail hierarchy for Canberra.
6. Will the Government be making decisions on major expansions of retail space in any or all of the town centres prior to the outcome of this Metropolitan Plan Review.
Mr Humphries - the answer to the Member's question is as follows:
1. The actual floor space of each of the malls has not been subjected to detailed survey but the Gross Floor Area allowance in the lease for each centre is as follows:-
Tuggeranong Hyperdome 47,696 square metres
Woden Plaza 52,337 square metres
Belconnen Mall 97,600 square metres
Canberra Centre 65,905 square metres