Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2417 ..
MINISTER FOR HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO 802
Ainslie Property - Purchase by Co-operative
MR CORNWELL - Asked the Minister for Housing and Community Services upon notice on 17 June 1993:
(1) Is it a fact that a house at section 6, block 4, Ainslie has been purchased by a group or co-operative; if so, what is the name of this group or co-operative.
(2) Was public money made available for this purchase.
(3) If public money was made available, how much was provided and what was the total purchase price of the property.
(4) Is the lease in the name of the Government, the co-operative or group, or in private names.
MR CONNOLLY - The answer to the members question is as follows:
(1 ) A co-operative housing organisation has purchased a house at this location to provide secure, affordable, tenant managed housing for low income earners. Because all tenants and residents in the ACT have the right of confidentiality; the name of the organisation will not be revealed.
(3) $228,300 was provided as a Commonwealth Government
capital grant to the organisation to fund the purchase of the
property. The total purchase price of the property including
settlement fees was $228,180.
(4) The lease for the property is in the name of the co-operative
housing organisation due to the nature of the grant.