Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2416 ..
MINISTER FOR URBAN SERVICES
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO 798
Tuggeranong Swimming Centre
Mr Cornwell - asked-the Minister for Urban Services: In relation to the Tuggeranong . Indoor Swimming Centre
(1) Did the Budding Controller approve the building plans and specifications, and subsequently issue a Building Permit.
(2) Did the ACT Fire Brigade issue a building report. .
(3) Have the recommendations of such a Fire Brigade report been complied with.
(4) What Class licence was held by the builder at the-time of the granting of the .
Mr Connolly - the answer to the Members question is as follows:
(1) No. Under the Building Act 1972 this is not required.
(2) Yes. The ACT Fire Brigade met with the designers of the Tuggeranong Indoor Swimming Centre and agreed on the fire requirements.. The ACT Fire Brigade also inspected the facility before handover and observed the building services in fire-mode and they were satisfied. The ACT. Fire Brigade issued reports at both times
(3) All ACT Fire Brigade recommendations have been met.
(4) Class "A"