Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2398 ..
MINISTER FOR HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO 190
Housing Trust Properties - East Bonython
MR CORNWELL- Asked the Minister for Housing and Community Services - In relation to the new total concept development at East Bonython
(1) How many ACT Housing Trust (a) houses; (b) townhouses and (c) units will be included in the development.
(2) Will such Trust properties be scattered throughout the development or grouped in the mufti storey sections.
(3) When will these premises be ready for occupation.
MR CONNOLLY: The answer to the Members question is as follows
(1) Under a Deed of Agreement process, two medium density residential sites will be handed back by the private developer to the ACT Government, for purchase by the ACT Housing Trust. One site will be suitable for twenty, two storey units and the other will be suitable for twenty four flats in three storey buildings.
(2) These properties will be grouped in two distinct mufti-storey sites, bordered by private mufti-storey residential developments. The Housing Trust, like any other developer in the area, will build in sympathy with Landcos park estate concept.
(3) Building for the private development is expected to begin in September, however the Housing Trust is yet to purchase the land and commencement of building is not expected until after 1993194.