Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2391 ..
CHIEF MINISTER FOR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
Question No. 787
Separate Public Service
MR DE DOMENICO - Asked the Chief Minister upon notice on 17 June 1993:
(1) Who are the officers in the Chief Ministers office who are working on the public service transition.
(2) Who heads this investigation.
(3) When will formal negotiations with the Commonwealth commence (date, time); (a) who
will be present from the Commonwealth; and (b) who will be present from the
(4) When was the symposium of values and principles for the new public service-held.
(5) Who was invited and who attended (exact guest list).
(6) When will the symposiums report be available.
(7) If already available could a copy be supplied.
(8) Who (name and position) is dealing with the enterprise bargaining issue of the public service transition.
(9) Who are the members of the separate service task force by (a) name and organisation and (b) position.
(10) What were the threshold issues that the Chief Minister has sought and gained agreement on with the Prime Minister.
(11) How was the amount of $460,000 for an establishment grant calculated; how much has been spent to date and on what and how are ACT Government Service-wide associated activities by all areas of the service (eg discussions within/between Agencies, etc) being costed to determine the real cost of this exercise.
MS FOLLETT - The answer to the Members question is as follows:
(1) The staff of my Office deal with matters concerning the separate Service in the normal course of their work. There is no staff member in my Office with particular responsibility for the separate Service.
(2) There is no investigation. A Separate Service Taskforce has been established within the Office of Public Sector Management in my Department to progress the separate Service project.