Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2384 ..
MINISTER FOR SPORT
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO 772
Office of Sport and Recreation -
Mr Cornwell - asked the Minister for Sport - In relation to the-proposed transfer of the Office of Sport and Recreation from rented premises in Tuggeranong to ACT Government-owned . premises (Macarthur House) onyNorthbourne Avenue
(1) Is it true that the move has again-been postponed or cancelled.
(2) If so, is the postponement or cancellation due to procrastination on the part of officers of the office of. Sport and Recreation in accepting and.getting ready for the move.
(3) If not, what is,the reason for the..postponement or cancellation of the move.
(4) Has the area in Macarthur House which was intended for use by the Office of Sport and Recreation now been allocated to another department or office.
(5) What would.the move of the Office of Sport and Recreation from Tuggeranong to Macarthur House have cost, .
(6) How much rent per annum is:paid for-the offices current accommodation-in Tuggeranong.,
(7) Is a transfer of the Office of Sport and Recreation out of rented premises into Government owned premises still being considered; if so, what other premises-,are being. considered for-this move;. if not, why not.
Mr Berry - the answer to the Members question is as follows:
(1) Yes. . .
(2) No. .
(3-7) The Office of Sport and-Recreation currently occupies space at Centrepoint and Homeworld buildings in Tuggeranong at a rental cost of $186,000 per annum.
Any move of the Office will be considered against the background availability/suitability of space throughout ACT Government accommodation both owned and leased. . Cost of removal will be a site dependant consideration. However, no costings on removal have been done at this stage. The relocation of .the office of Sport and Pecreation remains. under consideration.