Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2373 ..
CHIEF MINISTER FOR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
Question No 759
Attorney-General - Media Monitoring Expenditure
MR HUMPHRIES - Asked the Attorney-General upon notice on 15 June 1993:
(1) How much did the Attorney-General spend on obtaining transcripts or copies of media interviews during the period 1 July 1991 to 30 June 1992.
(2) How many items were ordered during that period for (a) written transcripts; (b) audio cassettes and (c) video cassettes.
(3) How much did the Attorney-General spend on obtaining transcripts or copies of media interviews during the period 1 July 1992 to 31 May 1993.
(4) How many items were ordered during that period for(a) written transcripts; (b) audio cassettes and (.c) video cassettes.
MR CONNOLLY - The answer to the Members question is as follows:
Records to answer the Members question are maintained on behalf of all Ministers by the Chief Ministers Department, and are available only from 1 December 1991. Records kept prior to this date do not contain sufficient detail to allow a meaningful response.
Information is maintained in respect of each Ministers combined portfolio responsibilities and not in respect of the separate elements of the portfolios. Accordingly, the questions have been answered at whole of portfolio level for each Minister.
Parts (1) and (3) of the question have been answered so as to be consistent with the information supplied to answer parts (2) and (4). Therefore it is assumed that parts (1) and (3) request information about the total cost of written transcripts, audio cassettes and video cassettes.
(1) In the period 1 December 1991 to 30 June 1992 - $1527
(2) (a) 1 (b) 5 (c) 1