Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2367 ..
SPEAKER OF THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION ON NOTICE
Speaker - Media Monitoring expenditure
MR HUMPHRIES: To ask the Speaker -
(1) How much did the Speakers office spend on obtaining transcripts or copies of media interviews during the period 1 July 1991 to 30 June 1992.
(2) How many items were ordered during that period for (a) written transcripts; (b) audio cassettes and (c) video cassettes.
(3) How much did the Speakers office spend on obtaining transcripts or copies of media interviews during the period 1 July 1992 to 31 May 1993.
(4) How many items were ordered during that period for (a) written transcripts; (b) audio cassettes and (c) video cassettes.
The answer to Mr Humphries question is as follows:
Parts (1) and (3) of the question have been answered so as to be consistent with the information supplied to answer parts (2) and (4). Therefore it is assumed that parts (1) and (3) request information about the total cost of written transcripts, audio cassettes and video cassettes.
(1) In the period 1 December 1991 to 30 June 1992 $301 worth of transcripts,
audio cassettes and videos were ordered by the Speakers Office. Relevant
records were maintained on behalf of the Speaker and Members by the Chief
Ministers Department in financial year 1991-92. Records are available only
from 1 December 1991. Those kept prior to this date do not contain sufficient
detail to allow a meaningful response.
(b) 2. (c) 1.
(3) $1,049. $741 of the costs of these items were paid from Program 3
administered by the Chief Ministers Department and $309 were paid from
Program 1 administered by the ACT Legislative Assembly. This was because
the costs of the media monitoring service were devolved to all Government
agencies, including the ACT Legislative Assembly, during the 1992-93
(b) 6. (c) 1.