Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2345 ..
MINISTER FOR HOUSING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO 734
Housing Trust Properties - Kingston
MR CORNWELL: Asked the Minister for Housing and Community Services -
What is the, future of Block 27, Kingston?
MR CONNOLLY: The answer to the Members question is as follows -
The Housing Trust has relocated all but seven of the tenants living at Block 27 Kingston and twenty-four of the original twenty-six properties still stand on the site. Once tenant relocation is completed, demolition of the remaining properties will proceed in readiness for redevelopment.
ACT Public Works engaged the architectural consultants Daryl Jackson and Alistair Swaine on behalf of the Housing Trust to undertake feasibility studies for development of the site. Question on Notice Number 639 of 24 March 1993 advised that the purpose of this study is to:
- examine ACT Planning Authority (ACTPA) Development Conditions and
National Capital Planning Authority (NCPA) requirements;
- carry out research to determine commercially appropriate forms of
medium density redevelopment for the site;
- prepare feasibility studies showing potential yields for various options;
- provide a site analysis including geotechnical and environmental
- provide market research findings for appropriate redevelopment options
for the site.
Once the consultants report is finalised the Housing Trust will assess the planning, physical development and management options for the site.