Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 17 August 1993) . . Page.. 2325 ..
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
MINISTER FOR HEALTH
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO. 514
Hospitals - Bed Closures
Mrs Carnell - asked the Minister for Health:
(1) How many beds were closed at Woden Valley Hospital and Calvary Hospital for the 92/93 Christmas New Year shutdown.
(2) What is the major purpose of the shutdown.
(3) What were the actual dates of the 92193 shutdown.
(4) How much money does ACT Health estimate it saved by the 92/93 Christmas New Year shutdown.
(5) Was the out-patient services affected in any way by the shutdown.
(6) How many hospital staff took annual leave during this period. What percentage is this of the total staff numbers.
(7) Were any staff encouraged to take leave without pay during this period.
(8) What is the estimated effect of the shutdown on the hospitals waiting lists.
(9) What was the date of the 91/92 Christmas New Year shutdown.
(10) What was the effect on waiting lists of the 91/92 shutdown.
(11) What savings were made through the 91/92 shutdown.
(12) How many beds were closed during the 91/92 shutdown.
Mr Berry - the answer to Mrs Carnells question is: