Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 20 May 1993) . . Page.. 1727 ..
MINISTER FOR URBAN SERVICES
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO 711
Hackett Primary School Buildings
Mr Cornwell - asked the Minister for Urban Services:
In relation to ACT Gazette No. 14, 7 April 1993, for what purpose were the following contracts arranged at the now closed Hackett Primary School -
(1) Extensive repairs and painting $14,000 (reference 212071).
(2) Supply and install new sub-main, main switch and new sub-board $5,996 (reference 212036).
(3) When did the school close.
Mr Connolly - the answer to the Members question is as follows:
(1) The paint on the buildings was deteriorating, and the timber underneath weathering. Funds were committed for repainting.as part of the ongoing maintenance of the property.
(2) Both wings of the former Hackett Primary School are rented by organisations, and the old electrical wiring was inadequate for the needs of the new tenants. The new wiring provides increased electrical .capacity. .
(3) The former Hackett Primary School was transferred to the Department of Urban Services as a surplus property on 11 March 1991, following closure as a school in December 1990.