Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1993 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 20 May 1993) . . Page.. 1705 ..
MINISTER FOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NO 619
Conder Primary School - Landscaping
MR CORNWELL - asked the Minster for Education and Training on notice on 23 March 1993:
(1) Is it a fact that landscaping at Conder Primary School is to cost $1.4 million.
(2) What is the reason for this large expenditure.
(3) Is this expenditure part of the education budget.
MR WOOD - the answer to Mr Cornwells question is:
(1) No. The landscape costs are $619,117 made up from:
$186,866 for soft landscaping including irrigation, and
drainage; $56,074 for soft landscaping and paths between
the site boundary and the road kerb; and $376,177 for
hard landscape including paths, walls, fences, play
equipment, bicycle storage, seats, etc.
(2) The level of expenditure is reasonable for the provision of outdoor amenity to suit the schools needs and to provide suitable soft landscaping, mainly grass, to a site of that size.
(3) The landscape costs are part of the capital cost provision for this school in the 1992/93 Capital Works Program.