Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (29 November) . . Page.. 5339 ..
Taxation—waivers (Question No 2034)
Mr Coe asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 2 November 2018:
(1) What is the total number of individuals or entities that were given tax or debt waivers broken down by (a) category or type of tax or debt and (b) total amount waived during each financial year from 2007-08 to date.
(2) What companies received payroll tax waivers and in what amount during each financial year from 2007-08 to date.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) A breakdown of the total number of individuals or entities that were given a tax or debt waiver from 2009/2010 financial year through to the 2017/18 financial year is included in the attached table (Attachment A). I have been advised by ACT Revenue Office that the information sought prior to this date is not in an easily retrievable form, and that to collect and assemble the information for the purpose of answering the question would require a considerable diversion of resources.
(2) A breakdown of the amount of Payroll Tax Waivers from 2009/2010 is included in the attached table. It is not possible to provide the name of the individual companies as to do so would breach the privacy provisions of the Taxation Administration Act 1999.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
ACT Health—cultural diversity (Question No 2036)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 2 November 2018:
(1) In relation to the development and maintenance of linguistic and cultural competence of the ACT Health workforce in the ACT, and given that in section 6.6 of Towards Culturally Appropriate and Inclusive Services: A Co-ordinating Framework for ACT Health 2014-2018, one of the key aims was to improve the linguistic and cultural competence of the workforce, how has cultural awareness been included in the orientation and essential education of new staff.
(2) What education and skills development initiatives have been provided for staff to help develop cultural competency.
(3) What is the current status and the result of investigating the feasibility of establishing an ACT Multicultural Health Network.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Canberra Health Services and ACT Health Directorate Corporate Orientation provides a 25 minute presentation to all new employees regarding Aboriginal and Torres Strait