Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (29 November) . . Page.. 5319 ..
Domestic animal services—dogs (Question No 2006)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for City Services, upon notice, on 26 October 2018:
(1) How many dogs have been surrendered to Domestic Animal Services (DAS) in the past five completed financial years.
(2) For how many of those dogs was a surrender fee paid.
(3) What was the total revenue from surrender fees in the past five completed financial years.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1, 2 & 3).
Year No. of dogs surrendered No. of dogs where a surrender fee was paid Fees received 2018-2019
(as of 23 November 2018) 76 61 $3,852.15 2017-2018 156 63* (from 10 October 2017 - 30 June 2018) $4,006.20 2016-2017 151 Not Captured * Not Captured * 2015-2016 211 Not Captured * Not Captured * 2014-2015 140 Not Captured * Not Captured * 2013-2014 155 Not Captured * Not Captured *
*Please note. On 10 October 2017, the Cashlink Accounting System was implemented at DAS. Prior to this date, the various revenue fees collected were not separately captured, as such the revenue received for surrender fees prior to 10 October 2017 cannot be determined or provided.
Multicultural affairs—languages policy (Question No 2007)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, upon notice, on 26 October 2018:
(1) Has the ACT Languages Policy that was set to be reviewed under Objective Three (Capitalising on the Benefits of Cultural Diversity) of the ACT Multicultural Framework 2015-2020 in the year 2015-2016 action plan which included the restating of obligations regarding the use of interpreters, multilingual staff and translated materials been completed; if yes, can the revised policy be provided as an attachment; if not, what is the current progress of this policy review, and when will it be completed as well as made available to the public.
(2) When was the ACT Languages Policy last revised and can the most recent edition of the ACT Languages Policy be provided as an attachment.