Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (29 November) . . Page.. 5262 ..
(3) I do not have any intentions to make any changes to the zoning for this site from CZ4.
Health—abortion (Question No 1923)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 26 October 2018:
(1) What data is available about how many abortions are performed in the ACT and (a) who collects this data and how is it reported to the Government, (b) what are the limitations of the data, and (c) can the Minister provide a copy of the available data for the last two financial or calendar years.
(2) Is the Government taking any steps to improve what data about abortions is available in the ACT; if so, what are they.
(3) Does the Government have any information or statistics about the number of abortions carried out (a) by private providers in the ACT and (b) on ACT residents outside the ACT.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government does not collect data on abortions performed in the ACT as abortions in the ACT are conducted by a private organisation, and there is no Medicare number that is specific to abortions (the Medicare number used for abortions is the same used for other female reproductive health matters). By improving access to services here in the ACT, it is hoped that people will access abortions in a location that best suits them.
(2) Not at this time.
(3) The Government does not have any information or statistics about the number of abortions carried out by private providers in the ACT, or on ACT residents outside the ACT. See response to question (1) above.
Animals—cat containment (Question No 1924)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for City Services, upon notice, on 26 October 2018:
(1) How is cat containment enforced.
(2) How many people have been fined and (a) what were the amounts that each person was fined and (b) which suburbs did these offences occur.
(3) How many cats have been picked up in cat containment suburbs.
(4) Have people been submitting complaints; if so, which suburbs did the complaints reference.