Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (29 November) . . Page.. 5258 ..
(1) There are no normal business hours for each of the 13 operating theatres at Canberra Hospital.
(2) During the period 1 November 2016 to the date on which this question was published in the Questions on Notice Paper
a. Theatre 14 was unavailable short term, and other theatres were unavailable sporadically.
b. Theatre 14 was unavailable between 14 June 2018 until 8 August 2018, and 27 August 2018 until 13 September 2018. Other theatres were sporadically unavailable on:*
5 May 2017 until 8 May 2017 inclusive - 4 theatres*
19 May 2017 until 22 May 2017 inclusive - 3 - 4 theatres intermittently*
2 June 2017 until 5 June 2017 - 4 theatres
c. Theatre 14 was unavailable to allow for remediation works on the air conditioning unit. Other theatres were sporadically unavailable to facilitate construction works to upgrade the hydraulic system within the Peri-operative Unit.
d. To date, there have been no costs attributable to ACT Health in relation to these issues.
e. i. no surgical procedures were delayed;
ii. no surgical procedures were cancelled.
f. Each theatre utilised on a non-public holiday weekday will be planned to facilitate an average of two 4 hours sessions of surgery each day. In addition, some theatres will be utilised for emergency surgery outside of these sessions.
Schools—violence (Question No 1921)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development, upon notice, on 26 October 2018:
(1) How many teachers reported workplace injury for each of the calendar years (a) 2014, (b) 2015, (c) 2016 and (d) 2017.
(2) How many schools are involved in relation to each of the reported incidents and for each of the years at part (1).
(3) In relation to each of the reported incidents for each of the years at part (1), (a) what was the nature of the injury, (b) how was the injury sustained, (c) who caused the injury, (d) in respect of any students identified in part (3)(c), what (i) school did/does the student attend and (ii) class/year level, and (e) what was the treatment and/or outcome.