Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 13 Hansard (29 November) . . Page.. 5240 ..
(4). None. All CHS documents listed in response to question 1(b) are currently under review.
Canberra Hospital—electrical systems (Question No 1899)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 26 October 2018:
(1) How many electrical and/or switchboard outages have occurred at The Canberra Hospital since 1 January 2018 to the date on which this question was published in the Questions on Notice Paper.
(2) For the outages identified in part (1), (a) when did each incident occur, (b) what was the cause for the outage and (c) what was the consequence of the outage.
(3) What is the status of the switchboard replacement program.
(4) What components of this program (a) were or (b) are due for completion in 2018.
(5) For each of the components identified in the reply to part 4(a), were they completed on (a) time and (b) budget; if not, why.
(6) For each of the components identified in the reply to part 4(b), are they on track to be completed on (a) time and (b) budget; if not, why not.
(7) What components of the program are due for completion in (a) 2019 and (b) 2020.
(8) For each of the components identified in the reply to part (7), are they on track to be completed on (a) time and (b) budget; if not, why not.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Three unplanned outages.
(2) (a) (b) (c) 15 February 2018 Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) alarm fault Temporary loss of power to Cardiac Catheter Laboratory in Building 1. No patient/staff impacts. 7 March 2018 Air handling unit isolator failure Partial loss of power to food services areas in Building 1. No patient/staff impacts. 27 July 2018 Ballast in light fitting burnt out Light switched off as a safety precaution in Building 3 - Ward 14B. No patient/staff impacts.
(3) Building 2 works are currently in construction / installation and due for completion in July 2019. Building 12 works are currently in design and due for completion in December 2019.
(4) (a) Building 2 substation upgrade works and installation of the first three (of six) new main switchboards.