Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 12 Hansard (1 November) . . Page.. 4783 ..
Introductory RED Contact Officer training is delivered through the Whole of Government ACT Public Service (ACTPS) Training Calendar. RED Contact Officer training delivered to CMTEDD employees for the last three financial years is:
2015-16 2016-17 2017-18 RED Contact Officer 12 staff 5 staff 6 staff
(2) RED training forms part of the ACTPS Core Learning Policy and is now mandatory training for all employees. The policy is being implemented across ACTPS Directorates and is being supported by the development of e-learning modules.
As outlined in the Core Learning Policy, refresher training will be undertaken when employees return to the workplace after an extended period of leave (12 months or more). Employees may also be directed by their managers or supervisors to undertake or refresh the training, at any time.
Staff who nominate to become RED Contact Officers are required to complete initial mandatory RED Contact Officer training. Annual refresher training sessions are also provided.
New employees receive an introduction to the RED Framework through both the Whole of Government and CMTEDD Induction programs.
(3) All staff are required to undertake RED Training.
(4) Sessions are delivered face to face for four hours. The training adheres to the ACTPS Core Learning Policy and includes promoting a positive workplace culture; practical interpretation of respect, equity and diversity; responsibilities under the RED Framework; and how to identify and respond to unacceptable behaviour. Participants are engaged in discussions and scenarios and are also provided with a RED Framework resource manual.
The ACTPS Training Calendar courses are delivered by two training providers, as part of the Whole of Government Training Panel. The courses are either three and half or four hours in a face to face setting.
(5) Feedback from individual participants has been collected at all training sessions and indicates the programs are successful. The feedback has been used to improve course content.
The courses conducted through the ACTPS Training Calendar have received a satisfaction rating of 93 per cent.
ACT Health—cultural diversity (Question No 1879)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 21 September 2018:
(1) When will the new Diversity Framework for 2019 be published.