Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 12 Hansard (1 November) . . Page.. 4781 ..
(4) Early planning for the development of a Common Dataset commenced in December 2015. Consultants were procured to progress the initial drafting of the Common Dataset and conduct co-design workshops with key stakeholders from across the human services system. These stakeholders were internal and external to government.
The Common Dataset continued to evolve throughout 2016 and 2017 and experienced many iterations. Implementation of the Common Dataset commenced in 2017.
The Common Dataset will continue to change as national data standards shift and improve.
(5) Consultations and co-design processes were conducted in the format of workshops with key stakeholders and data collectors from government and the community sector.
Attendees included staff from CSD, Corrective Services, Access Canberra, Education and Training Directorate, ACT Health, Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate, Justice and Community Safety Directorate, Barnardos, Belconnen Community Services, the Capital Health Network, Connections ACT, Red Cross, UnitingCare Kippax, Woden Community Service and the YWCA.
(6) The Community Services Directorate Digital and Data Governance Board was established in May 2018 to oversee and improve matters relating to digital and data improvements across the directorate. Regular meetings of the Board ensure ongoing oversight of the Common Dataset and also other dependent data collection processes.
The Digital and Data Governance Board includes senior and executive staff from the Community Services Directorate. Members were selected based on their expertise and authority of digital and data collection processes.
Initial implementation discussions and small pilot tests for the Common Dataset were started in December 2017, guided by the Common Dataset Working Group
(7) Data Quality Assurance is an ongoing activity within the Community Services Directorate. Operational data quality processes are undertaken across the Directorate on a weekly basis.
Internal auditors also review the directorate's data collection and maintenance processes. The auditor's periodic reviews are considered a critical and necessary accountability measure within the directorate.
(8) The weekly report on data quality provides operational areas with the opportunity to amend data entry errors.
The Common Dataset will support data quality assurance across the Directorate by providing guidance on what format data should be collected, creating consistent data that can more easily be compared.
(9) The Common Dataset is available publically on the Community Services Directorate website. http://www.communityservices.act.gov.au/home/publications/common-dataset