Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 12 Hansard (1 November) . . Page.. 4779 ..
(3) How were language barrier issues addressed to ensure that members of CALD groups clearly understood the information being presented.
(4) What were the major concerns raised by the forum during the Q&A session in April 2018 when the Minister presented to the Canberra Multicultural Forum on climate and energy issues and how are these concerns being addressed.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Actsmart Programs delivered workshops to 664 individuals in 2017-18 and 89 individuals in 2018-19 to date, through targeted workshops for CALD community members.
(2) In 2017-18 targeted workshops were delivered to Chinese, Italian, Spanish and Arabic language groups as well as a series of workshops through the Adult Migrant Education Program in partnership with the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT).
(3) Workshops included the use of a translator and resources were tailored in the language of participants.
(4) Canberra Multicultural Forum members raised two main concerns:*
Creating a narrative and specific actions around an individual's contribution to reducing emissions to help create a sense of ownership and encourage friendly competition within the community.*
Support for organisations that engage with those from diverse cultural backgrounds and are new to the community to raise awareness on climate change issues and the work the ACT Government is doing.
Both these issues are to be considered in the development of future climate change policy.
Community Services Directorate—data collection (Question No 1877)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Community Services and Facilities, upon notice, on 21 September 2018:
(1) Which Community Service Directorate (CSD) data collection areas have implemented the Common Dataset that the CSD has developed and implemented which provides instruction and guidance on the collecting of data about service users, including the mandatory collection of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
(2) Which CSD data collection areas have not yet implemented the Common Dataset.
(3) What is the difference between the data collected currently by these areas and data collection guided by the Common Dataset.
(4) When was the Common Dataset first implemented, and how long did it take to develop.