Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (25 October) . . Page.. 4380 ..
(6) Were estimates briefs prepared for senior officials of the Health Directorate before the Select Committee on Estimates 2018-2019 hearings on 21 June 2018; if yes, what topics were covered in those briefs; if not, why not.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. Month Number of briefs* January 2018 12 February 2018 27 March 2018 22 April 2018 28 May 2018 16 June 2018 12 July 2018 11 August 2018 28 September 2018 12 * The above table includes the number of ad-hoc ministerial briefs prepared for the Minister for Mental Health on request.
2. ACT Health Directorate does not maintain an index of ministerial briefs prepared as all ministerial briefs are managed via an electronic document management system (HPE Content Manager).
3. Assembly sitting month Number of question time briefs February 2018 27 March 2018 20 April 2018 21 May 2018 25 June 2018 23 July/August 2018 22 September 2018 22
4. The question time briefs for 20 September 2018 referred to a range of topics including organisational reform, clinical services, program delivery, infrastructure, contract management, budget, workforce matters including organisational culture and work health and safety.
5. Yes. The estimates briefs for the 21 June 2018 Select Committee on Estimates 2018-2019 hearing referred to a range of topics including mental health strategic indicators, budget initiatives, community budget, staffing profiles and key statistics, accreditation, organisational reform, clinical services, program delivery, infrastructure, contract management, budget, workforce matters including organisational culture and work health and safety.
6. Yes. The topics referenced in the estimates briefs prepared for ACT Health Senior Officials for the mental health portfolio were similar to the topics identified in the response to question 5.