Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (25 October) . . Page.. 4363 ..
(b) During early planning stages to gather information for design; on draft plans which are presented for review and comment.
(c) Tuggeranong Community Council, Tuggeranong Arts Centre, sporting groups and clubs and many other community group/organisation representatives; leaseholder representatives, lease holders, traders, Tuggeranong Community Council and individuals.
Details of the Laneways consultation is available on yoursay.act.gov.au
Legislative Assembly members—legal fees (Question No 1713)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 24 August 2018 (redirected to the Attorney-General):
(1) Under what policy did the Government agree that legal fees for Mr Jeremy Hanson MLA would be covered.
(2) Can the Minister provide the overall criteria for MLA financial support for legal cases and is there any limit to the amount of financial support that an MLA can receive in these situations; if so, what is it.
(3) In relation to the recent case of Mr Jeremy Hanson MLA (a) did the ACT Insurance Authority payment for legal fees cover legal costs for both the plaintiff and the defendant, (b) did the payment also cover the costs of other settlement fees such as a compensation payout and (c)what was the total cost to the Government for these elements of the payment.
(4) How many other legal cases for MLAs have been covered under this policy in the period of ACT's Self-Government and if there have been previous payments (a) which MLAs have received such financial support and in what circumstances and (b) what were the Government costs for these cases.
(5) Have there been any instances where Government support has been requested but denied; if so, for what reason have these cases been denied.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Mr Hanson's grant of legal assistance was agreed to by the previous Attorney-General in accordance with the criteria set out in (2) below. The defence of the proceedings against Mr Hanson was responded to in accordance with the Territory's insurance arrangements.
(2) Any grant of legal assistance to an MLA must be approved by the Attorney-General pursuant to the Law Officer (General) Legal Services Directions 2012, and is determined having regard to the "Guidelines for the Provision of Assistance to ACT Ministers and Members in relation to Legal Proceedings", tabled in the Legislative Assembly in June 1997. I attach a copy of the guidelines.